Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rusalka


When I was looking at the creatures that made up the role play that I used to participate in that was loosely based around the China Miéville Bas-Lag world, I came across a quite a few "new to me" underwater legends he'd based his future citizens on.

While sorting through some of them I came across the sad and creepy Russian legend of the Rusalka. A mostly malevolent water spirit. Often it's portrayed as the restless soul of a drowned child or woman who tries to lure others to her watery fate.


I acquired this dress from Monsoon that held the same name and decided to put together my loosely interpreted version of that water spirit. It's beautiful but tattered and seems something a drowned maiden might have worn.
The hair was a surprising find from a fun and quirky shop called Wot! who's owner makes many unusual and unique hairstyles. Be warned the hair is no mod although it utilizes a resize script- if you have an odd melon for a head like me it might be trial some. Worth the effort though as this is one of the nicest tentacly hairstyles I've seen.




River Ghost Dress, Rusalka: Monsoon by Kaiya Khondji


skin: Plastik by Aikea Rieko


eyes: House of Ruin by Ruina Kessel
Hair: Wot? by Lili Revnik


Where:


No comments:

Post a Comment